This position performs technical and analytical financial work of average difficulty dealing with the analysis, processing, and recording of financial transactions for payroll or grant funds received, disbursed, or expended. Transactions involve budgetary accounting, financial accounting, payroll accounting, and the audit, and reconciliation of various accounts. Incumbent is responsible for the pre-audit and computerized processing of financial transactions with limited supervision. Additional evaluation is based on successful assistance to other Fiscal staff and to Bureaus throughout the agency. Job duties are based on assignment. Work is reviewed through meetings with supervisors, observation of the effectiveness of the work performed, and periodic reports and statements.
* High school graduation or equivalent diploma from an institution accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Dept. Of Education or licensed as a degree granting institution by the Commission for Independent Education, pursuant to Section 1005.02(7), F.S.
* Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in a Fiscal setting in payroll or grants
* A minimum score of 75% on a written fiscal examination and Excel test
* Must possess a valid Florida driver's license
* Consideration for this position requires a credit check
Applicants must be tobacco/nicotine free for six months prior to submitting application and during length of employment.
The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office strives to provide our employees with the best benefits possible. Some of the benefits are Annual Leave (120 hours), Health Insurance, Wellness Incentives, and Education Assistance Program.
The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office is an EEO/ADA employer and is committed to being a drug free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $38,192.00 per year