JOB TITLE: Senior Center Administrator
REPORTS TO: County Services Coordinator and/or County Services Director
SUPERVISES: Kitchen Staff
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time non-exempt
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Based on experience, training and education
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Center Administrator is accountable for overall management of the
center's physical, financial, and human resources and for establishing a highly motivating work
atmosphere that instills a sense of pride in both the work and accomplishments of the center.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Responsible for achieving or exceeding the overall goals of the nutrition program
· Responsible for maintaining participant, food related, and fiscal records daily and submitting monthly and quarterly reports as required
· Responsible for organizing and implementing supportive services including outreach, transportation/escort, information and referral, nutrition education, shopping assistance, health and welfare counseling, recreation, and maintaining and submitting a center activity calendar on a monthly basis
· Responsible for identifying volunteer opportunities, preparing volunteer job descriptions, recruiting, selecting, training, and motivating volunteers
· Organize and maintain a formal process for insuring adequate participant input in program planning, operation, and evaluation
· Recruit, select, orient, train, motivate, and evaluate work of staff. Assign, schedule, and monitor their activities
· Responsible for all food, supplies, and minor equipment purchasing and submitting appropriate documentation for payment
· Responsible for assisting field coordinator in negotiating lease agreements
· Responsible for assisting with the development of annual budgets and budget revisions when necessary. Maintain program operations within approved budgets
· Provide technical assistance, organization, and public information for local fundraising activities and ensure that adequate accounting procedures are followed to safeguard funds
· Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with community resources, including human services agencies, organizations, and individuals. Also responsible for mobilizing other potential resources to the advantage of county program participants
· Develop and submit, on a quarterly basis, menu changes which meet established nutrition standards
· Ensure that information regarding the purpose and goals of the nutrition program is disseminated on a timely basis throughout the community
· Responsible for implementing U.S.D.A., state, and local health and life safety regulations.
· Responsible for implementing agency and funding source policies
· Perform additional related duties as assigned. Attend meetings and training activities as directed by supervisor
· Observes and adheres to funding source and agency rules, regulations, policies and procedures in conduct of work activities, including EO policies and handles confidential information with tact and discretion in compliance with applicable HIPAA and privacy regulations and requirements
· Knowledge of food preparation, service, and sanitation requirements
· Ability to interact effectively with people and with local community agencies
· Ability to implement social service activities and programs
· Ability to identify core problems and develop innovative solutions
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing and to speak effectively in public
· Ability to effectively motivate and supervise staff and to manage and prioritize job demands
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: A minimum of 2 years practical experience in one or more of the
following areas: management, food service, social service, or community relations.
Physical: Ability to push, pull or lift up to 50lbs. with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Travel: Moderate travel between centers with mileage reimbursement
Legal: Aging Best conducts criminal background records check, a motor vehicle driving record check, sexual predator’s list check, and Missouri Employee Disqualification List check as a condition of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $10.25 - $14.00 per hour
This Job Is: